There are two main reasons why there is low water pressure coming out are the faucets or the shower faucets
1. The most common cause for low pressure in a shower faucet is calcium buildup at the shower head. Unscrew the shower head and look inside its shaft. There you will see a metallic screen filter with calcium sediment. Clean the filter until all the calcium is gone and reinstall the shower head and test the water pressure. If this does not resolve the issue, proceed to step two.
2. Another reason for low pressure is a buildup of calcium sediment at the faucet or shower valves near the handles. In order to resolve this issue, we need to flush out the calcium.
- The first step is to shut the main hot water valve going into the rental unit which is usually located outside the building.
- The next step is to open the hot water flush valve which is also located outside.
- Now you will need to open the cold and hot water valves in the shower or faucet for 30 seconds
What we’re doing here is forcing cold water to go the reverse direction the hot water normally moves through which is in essence backwashing the hot water pipes of any calcium sediments out through the flush valve outside.